Do you often suffer from anxiety, stress or overwhelm? An excellent way to alleviate these sensations is through the practice of guided meditation. Don’t you know what it consists of? Well, it is a tool by which you can achieve mental control and spiritual development. This practice will help you improve your mental health and develop your inner peace in the long run. Thus, we want to show you what guided meditation consists of and the benefits of carrying it out. Take note and do not miss any detail!
What is guided meditation?
Guided meditation is something that, through words and images, helps you put aside worries and negative emotions, such as stress, pain or sadness, while allowing you to connect with your interior. Without a doubt, meditating has become increasingly popular, and it is not for less, as it is a very simple way to control anxiety and day-to-day problems.
Practicing this technique is very simple, because with the help of an interlocutor, such as a guru or spiritual guide, a state of relaxation is achieved. How is it achieved? Through the indications that this person gives you. To carry it out, you can resort to specialized workshops, or help yourself with videos from the comfort of your home.
How to achieve mediation?
A tip that will help you is to practice daily, but to ease your way with guided meditation, you can follow these simple instructions:
- Learn to breathe correctly, taking deep breaths to help relieve tension.
- Focus on breathing from the abdomen and try to calm the mind, so you will be able to escape from your thoughts and be more aware of the present.
- Then focus on nose breathing to awaken your mind by increasing your concentration and thinking more clearly.
What benefits are obtained with guided mediation?
Performing this technique ensures that people can achieve well-being, as it makes the interested party reach a state of calm and satisfaction both mentally and physically. In this way, it is important to know that if it is done properly it can positively affect your physical and psychological health. Therefore, some of the benefits of guided meditation are as follows:
● It reduces stress and, therefore, avoid pathologies related to this problem.
● It helps the immune system.
● It increases attention span and concentration.
● By developing empathy, you improve relationships with others.
● It facilitates positive thoughts, to banish the pessimistic attitude, having a more optimistic vision of life.
● It improves memory.
● It generates self-awareness while reflecting on oneself.
Types of guided mediation
In order for you to train your mind and take advantage of all the benefits of guided meditation, we provide you with a list of the different types that exist. Thus, you will be able to find the one that best suits your needs and tastes:
● Traditional meditation
● Meditation with visualization
● Relaxation at the body level
● Binaural tones
● Breath-based meditation
Have you seen how simple it is to practice guided meditation? Take into account all the benefits it can bring you for your physical and psychological health. Therefore, do not hesitate to practice whenever you can to notice its effects on your body.